Thursday, June 25, 2009

We got the blues

Those summertime raiding blues.

At least, that is what everyone keeps telling me. I see a different angle of the picture and perhaps it's my inherent cynicism, but I tend to think that the reason raids have been so difficult to put together lately is because people will always believe what they want to believe, regardless of what you tell them.

Over the past few weeks it has been insanely difficult to fill out a raid of any sort, even the progression raids in Ulduar that everyone claims they want to be a part of. Yet, if I decide to try to forge ahead with putting a team together fifteen minutes before start time, I have almost no shortage of people on and able to go.

My theory is that I have a lot of chickens in the guild who think that there are good workarounds to the rules about signing up and showing up or facing the consequences.

This is super-frustrating. Currently, I have decided to cancel any raid that doesn't have a full complement of sign-ups. Perhaps no raids at all will spur people to be serious about signing up for those that are on the calendar? Hopefully the officers will also refrain from putting things together at the last moment - otherwise we'll just be rewarding the lazy.

2 comments:

  1. I really think that's the best option. If the raid doesn't have any sign-ups, no one must be interested. I for one won't be throwing sumpin together after you cancel it. /hug

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only speak for myself, but I never really have my weeks planned out as to what evening I will be home and when I won't. Maybe it's because I'm single, so there's no one at home to interest me.

    During the summer especially, I seem to do a lot more running around and I'm afraid I might sign up for a raid on a Tuesday and then a friend invites me over for a bbq. Being single, I can't afford to turn down invitations to go sit at home alone with my pc.

    ReplyDelete